Sunday, March 30, 2014

Root Beer Float Fudge

So Root Beer Float flavored food is a thing. Chips Ahoy! recently debuted an ice cream flavored cookie line: mint chocolate, mocha chunk, ducle de leche, and root beer float. And Betty Crocker and A&W teamed up to give us Root Beer Float frosting and Root Beer Float cookie mix. Frosting = fudge for me, and this is definitely a flavor I've never tried before, so it intrigued me. So I bought both RB flavored things (the frosting and the pre-made cookies because pssht, I ain't making them if they are already made for me), opened them up, and tasted them. They tasted exactly like a Root Beer Float. Ew. I forgot I don't like Root Beer Floats. BUT, somebody out there has to, right? So I didn't want to deny you the opportunity to make it into fudge.


Root Beer Float Fudge
Ingredients
  • 12 Chips Ahoy! Chewy Root Beer Float Cookies
  • 12oz. white chocolate chips
  • 1 can A&W Root Beer Float Frosting
Directions
  1. Line 7x11 pan with wax paper.
  2. Chop up cookies. 
  3. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and then stir the frosting into the melted chips until no white streaks are left.
  4. Stir cookies into soft fudge mixture and spread evenly into wax paper lined pan. 
  5. Chill for 1-2 hours and cut to serve.
Yeeeeaaa. If you like Root Beer, this fudge's for you. The the white chocolate does cut down on the RB intensity some, but it's not for the faint of heart or the people for who Root Beer Floats just don't cut the mustard. Oooh, root beer and mustard...

No comments:

Post a Comment