Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pop Tart Truffles

So I woke up the other day thinking, "Oh my gosh, I'm brilliant: Pop Tart Truffles!" So I go on-line to confirm that my idea was awesome and original. Wah wah. Awesome, yes. Original, no. Nevertheless, I wanted to try them for myself and share it with all of you. I didn't actually follow any particular recipe that I found on-line, but used a cream cheese to tart ratio that I (read: Kyle) would find acceptable.




Pop Tart Truffles

Ingredients

  • 6 Pop Tarts (I used Frosted Strawberry)*
  • 2 to 3oz of cream cheese, softened
  • white chocolate baking bark

*Why only use 6 when there are 8 in a box? Because I know you really just want to eat the other two...or maybe that's just me.


Directions

  1. Pulverize tarts in food processor until they are crumbs.
  2. Add cream cheese and mix until combined.
  3. Scoop into balls with your 2t cookie scoop.
  4. Chill in fridge to harden.
  5. Melt chocolate bark, coat truffles, and stick them back in the fridge until set.

The ratio was great! Truly you should only be using the cream cheese as a binder. You don't need these things to be gooey. And you definitely don't want the cream cheese to overpower the main flavor, which it didn't, as these were best described to me as Pop-Tart-y. 

5 comments:

  1. I love Pop-Tarts! And I recently made the Oreo truffles for the first time. You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you use a different flavor of Pop Tart (or even the same flavor), let me know your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made them using Strawberry and Blueberry. But I used all 8 pop tarts and just raised the cream cheese to 4 ounces each (so I wouldn't have to either throw away, or try and store 2 extra ounces) Turned out Great, Thanks for the recipe.
    ,Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another update... My little cousin liked the strawberry and blueberry ones i made so much we had to make some more. But we were more adventurous and tried S'mores and the seasonal flavor Pumpkin Pie one. Both turned out Great. my parents love the pumpkin one, as it almost has a pumkin pie roll taste to it. and my cousin loves the s'mores one... , Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dustin!

    I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe and have been trying out different flavors. I was going to suggest branching out from fruits, but it seems like you are ahead of me on that one. I think I may try it with frosting and the Confetti Cake pop tarts next. Pumpkin sounds awesome too!

    ReplyDelete