Monday, December 12, 2011

Bacon and Eggnog Cookies:The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011

Christmas and cookies, as Cal Naughton would say, go together like Chinese food and chocolate pudding. So imagine my delight when I stumbled across a blog post inviting me to join in on The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap of 2011. Here's the deal: I signed up to send one dozen cookies to three fellow food bloggers. And as I sent mine out, one dozen cookies from three other food bloggers (three dozen total) would be sent my way. 

I knew I wanted to bake something traditional, but with a twist. My train of thought went a little something like this: Christmas-y, Christmas-y. What's Christmas-y? Fruit cake...mint...eggnog...eggnog! Alright, booze in a cookie is a good start but what goes with eggnog besides nothing? Hmmm, eggnog. What is nog? Wait...nog...egg. What goes with eggs? Bacon!!! So Bacon and Eggnog Cookies were born.

The base recipe is Mrs. Field's Eggnog Cookies; I just added a little bit of awesome (i.e., candied bacon).


Bacon and Eggnog Cookies

For the detailed recipe, visit Foodbeast.com.

Thanks so much to Sylvia, Marie, and Callye for the fabulous cookies you guys sent!

4 comments:

  1. Bacon and eggnog cookies? Are you amazingly crazy or what? This sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the way that you write, so easy

    ReplyDelete