Friday, November 4, 2011

Nutty Bar Truffles

My mom used to pack Nutty Bars in my brother's lunch like every day. I had no interest in them back then. Now those days of PB being merely a sandwich spread are behind me, and my future is filled with peanut butter wishes and crispy wafer dreams.

I had taken a break from Little Debbie truffles to try my hand at a few other recipes, so I thought it was time for a reprise.

Side note: I could have sworn these things were called Nutty Buddy bars, but when I searched "Nutty Buddy" to snag the above link, Google threw out a bunch of web sites about jock straps. Yikes. 

(I apologize for the blurry image. Don't look at it too long; it might make you feel gross.)
Nutty Bar Truffles

Ingredients
  • 8oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 BIG PACK of Nutty Bars
  • chocolate baking bark
Directions
  1. Pulverize 6 two-packs of Nutty Bars in a food processor.
  2. Add in cream cheese and pulse until combined. 
  3. Remove cream cheese mixture from food processor and pulverize an addition 3 two-packs of Nutty Bars. 
  4. Fold the Nutty Bar crumbs into the cream cheese concoction.
  5. Scoop into balls and chill while you are melting your baking bark.
  6. Coat the truffles and chill to set.
Aaaaaaamazing! Stirring in the extra crumbs at the end was a great way to retain the crispy texture of the Nutty Bars in the truffles. Theses tasty treats are definitely getting me excited about getting back into the Little Debbie swing of things.

3 comments: