Friday, November 25, 2011

Chocolate Covered Soft Pretzels

Oh my gosh, I forgot how much I HEART soft pretzels. My Grandpa Walter and I used to holler at them all the time for an after-school snack. (He also had a drawer FULL of fun-sized Snickers and there was always Breyer's Strawberry ice cream in the freezer and 7-Up in the fridge). Good times.

To ready the pretzels for coating, you just follow the directions on the box. I put them in the oven because I had the time, but I'm sure they would be just as good in the microwave. Don't forget the salt!!!


Chocolate Covered Soft Pretzels

Ingredients
  • 6 soft pretzels, baked and cooled
  • chocolate baking bark
Directions
  1. Chop up or rip up the salted soft pretzels.
  2. Melt the bark and coat your pretzel bits. 
  3. Stick in the fridge to set. 
You can see from the picture that I tried out both the white and regular chocolate bark. Well dudes, don't waste your time with the white chocolate. I don't know about everybody else, but I thought the milk chocolate was the clear winner. Tasted like a chocolate-covered, salty Krispy Kreme donut. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. I love soft pretzels too! Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite snacks, I love that they combine sweet and salty because I prefer salty snacks!

    *And thanks for the cookies!*

    I am following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My elementary school used to sell soft pretzels at lunch and they were the best thing ever. I love mustard and cheese dip with my pretzels and never thought to try them with chocolate. They look so yummy.

    P.S. I'm one of your cookie swappers and I just wanted to make sure you're not allergic to peanuts bc I'm making a cookie that uses peanut butter. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia,

    I am so not allergic to anything, and I love me some peanut butter. Super excited to try your cookies!

    ReplyDelete