I was inspired to try this out by the number of different recipes out there that flavor desserts using cake mix. I knew I wanted to make some sort of Rice Krispies treat, but I didn't have any cake mix on hand. I did, however, have a pouch of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix.
Basically, I just followed a general Rice Krispies Treat recipe and added sprinkles and cookie mix.
Sugar Cookie Rice Krispies Treats
- 2T butter, divided
- 4c mini marshmallows
- 6c Rice Krispies
- 1c Sugar cookie mix, divided and sifted
- 1/4c sprinkles (or one regular-size bottle)
- Grease a 9x13 pan and ready your strip of non-stick foil.
- Melt 1T butter over medium heat and 1T of butter in the microwave.
- Combine 6c cereal, sprinkles, microwaved butter and 1/3c of cookie mix.
- Add mallows to stove-top melted butter and stir until melted.
- Stir 1/3c of cookie mix into melted mallows, then pour in the cereal and mix.
- Pour mallow-cereal mixture into prepared pan and smash down using the non-stick foil.
- Sprinkle the final 1/3c of cookie mix on top of the treats and let cool.