Thursday, October 6, 2011

Almond Joy® Brownies

You know what's awesome? Well, according to me, lots of stuff, but this time I was specifically thinking about candy. Candy is awesome, particularly candy bars. I enjoy using them as inspiration for creations, whether I merely imitate the flavors or straight up chop them up and mix them in.

This time around, I was just looking to evoke the essence of an Almond Joy®, plus I had a brownie mix, coconut and almonds on hand. 

Almond Joy Brownies
Ingredients
  • box of your favorite brownie mix (and eggs, oil and water as directed)
  • 2c sweetened shredded coconut
  • 10oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 1c sliced almonds
  • 1/4t almond extract
Directions
  1. Mix brownie batter as directed. Add almond extract to batter. 
  2. Combine condensed milk and coconut, then add to brownie batter.
  3. Pour batter into your preferred, greased brownie baking pan.
  4. Top with almonds and bake as directed (although with all goo inside the brownie it may take longer for them to fully bake). 
  5. Let cool completely. (Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiting is the hardest part!) Cut and serve.
Good times! These brownies were dense, gooey squares of almond-y joy! And the almonds (which I totally didn't pick off and eat by themselves) got all toasty and crunchy in the oven. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment