Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 2c (10oz) flour
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/2t salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1c (7oz) sugar, plus 1/2c for rolling dough
- 1T brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5t vanilla
- Prep baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and the brown sugar on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla; beat at medium speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Scoop cookies using 1.5T cookie scoop and roll in additional 1/2c of sugar.
- Butter the bottom of a drinking glass and then dip the bottom of the glass in the remaining sugar. Flatten the dough balls with the bottom of the glass until they are about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 3 minutes.
Eh. If you are looking for a nice sugar cookie recipe, this is definitely a winner. But if you are looking for a ridiculously thick and chewy sugar cookie, I would advise either not smashing the cookie down before baking or using a different recipe.