Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Caramel Tim Tam Truffles

If Freud were alive and read my blog, he'd probably be eager to have a chat with me about the shape of most of the desserts that I create. These are no exception.

I made Chocolate Tim Tam Truffles a while ago, but I had saved a couple packages of Tim Tams with caramel in the middle for a later date and time. (I also busted out my box of frozen Thin Mints and made more truffles with those last week).

The recipe and directions are the same as before, but it's easy to repeat, so I will include it here again.


Caramel Tim Tam Truffles

Ingredients
  • 2pkgs Caramel Tim Tam
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • white chocolate baking bark
Directions
  1. Pulverize cookies in a food processor.
  2. Soften cream cheese and add to crushed cookies. Process until fully combined.
  3. If you haven't yet acquired a 2t cookie scoop, put your creamy cookie mix in the fridge and go buy one.
  4. Use your potentially brand new 2t cookie scoop to portion out the truffles and roll them in to balls.
  5. Put your truffles in the freezer to chill, meanwhile melt your baking bark.
  6. Coat the truffles and put them in the fridge or freezer until set.
You could definitely taste the caramel in these truffles. Last time I thought that maybe the ratio of cream cheese to cookie was too high, but I tend to think otherwise now.

Target stopped selling Tim Tams, so I will have to wait for them to show up again and stock up. I suggest you do the same.

2 comments:

  1. Alternatively, hit me up if you ever want the REAL, original, Australian Tim Tams... maaaany more flavours for you to have your wicked way with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the real ones are definitely better! I also have been missing Fan Tales (used to work for an Aussie and she would bring back treats when she went to visit).

    ReplyDelete