Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chocolate White Chocolate Reese's Cookies

I like to make person specific treats for birthdays. This was one of them. One of my trivia members had a birthday in April and I made these cookies for her. She said she like chocolate, peanut butter and white chocolate. Just the day before I had been trolling my usual baking blogs and ran across this recipe on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.  

I didn't make any purposeful changes to the recipe. (Although I didn't use enough Reese's cups, but I blame Hershey's for that one). However, the recipe turned out differently than I anticipated. The cookies were much flatter than the pictures on the Queen's blog. Maybe I should have chilled the dough beforehand. Regardless, they were tasty and a hit at trivia.


Chocolate White Chocolate Reese's Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4c butter, softened
  • 2c sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2t vanilla
  • 2c flour
  • 3/4c cocoa
  • 1t baking soda
  • 1/2t salt
  • 20 oz bag Miniature Reese's White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, chopped into chunks (or about 2 generous cups) .... I only had 14oz. Lame.
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and parchment up those cookie sheets.
  2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. 
  3. Add eggs one at a time, beating until completely mixed in. Add vanilla and mix just until blended.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. 
  5. Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix on low speed until well blended. Fold in chopped peanut butter cups.
  6. Drop by 1.5T cookie scoop on an parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes (they will cook a bit more during this time) before removing to cooling racks.
I couldn't only find 14oz (I think) bags of Reese's cups in all flavors of chocolate. As I said...lame. I would suggest trying to use the prescribed amount and chopping them maybe only in half rather than in fourths, like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment