Hurray for meta-cookies! I've made cookies similar to these before with a chocolate chip cookie dough base. These use a chocolate cookie base. Good stuff. Again, I snagged this recipe from How Sweet It Is. I modified it slightly, using white chocolate chips instead of regular because that's how I bounce.
Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 1c butter, room temp
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1t vanilla
- 2c flour
- 1/2c cocoa powder
- 1t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1c white chocolate chips
- 1c crushed Oreo cookies
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
Fold in chips and crushed Oreos.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and let that parchment paper flutter down on to the baking sheet like a beautiful butterfly.
- Roll into balls or scoop with an your 2t cookie scoop and drop on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.