Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elvis Lives! ... in Chocolate Bark Form

You know what happens when you combine two awesome things? You get something even more awesome. (For example, my parents made me!) So, I've combined a holiday favorite (chocolate bark) with one of Elvis's favorite foods.

Chocolate bark (you can find a Halloween version that I threw together here) is gaining popularity as a go to dessert for the holidays; it's easy to make and you can get really creative with it. Basically, you just melt any type of chocolate you want, spread it on some wax paper and throw a bunch of good-tastin' stuff on it.

Are you familiar with an Elvis sandwich? You should be. It's peanut butter and banana (and often bacon) on thick (usually toasted on the griddle) white bread. Amazing.

As Elvis would say, "A little less conversation, a little more bacon." So, let's get to the good stuff.

If chocolate bark and the Elvis sandwich had a baby (a tasty, tasty baby), it would probably look a little something like this...

(Shout out to Kyle for the awesome light box he made for me. My images should suck significantly less now.)

Elvis Bark


Ingredients
  • Bread = 12 oz. white chocolate chips
  • Peanut Butter = 1/2c each Reese's Pieces (halved) and Peanut Butter Chips
  • Banana = 1/2c dried banana chips (I broke them into smaller bits)
  • Bacon = Duh! BACON! (About 8 to 10 slices, crisped and crumbled)
Directions
  1. Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.
  2. Combine halved Reese's Pieces, banana chips and bacon in a bowl until they are "All Shook Up".
  3. Melt white chocolate chips and spread evenly on wax paper.
  4. Sprinkle pieces/banana/bacon mixture over white chocolate and press into chocolate.
  5. Chill in fridge.
  6. Melt Peanut Butter Chips and drizzle over chilled bark.
  7. Break apart and tear into it like you were Elvis and it was a bottle of your favorite barbiturate.
This turned out to be a hunka-hunka burning awesome. That being said, I actually made a chunk of it sans bacon, and I preferred that version (blasphemy, I know).

Two marriage proposals were issued in relation to the Elvis bark tonight: one was to me, the other was to the bark itself. Should I be jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment