Friday, April 2, 2010

Jeepers Creepers, Where'd You Get Those Chocolate Covered Peeps?

First, a review of the Chocolate-covered Peeps created by the Peep company itself. Three words: Dis. A. Ppointing.

Um, it totally wasn't a chocolate-covered Peeps. It was some non-Peep style marshmallow. NO sugary outside! The marshmallow itself was yellow in color and had a weird consistency. It's not even the same shape as the Peep. It's like if you smashed a Peep chick on it's side or something. I found this completely unacceptable and decided to remedy the situation...so I made my own.

So. Much. Better.

No recipe really; just melt some baking bark, dip in some Peeps and WHAM! Ridiculously tasty. Carl said he liked the bunnies better than the ducks. (I then mentioned they were chicks, not ducks; either way, he still preferred the bunnies). I used the regular chocolate and not the white. I tried one with white chocolate. Surprisingly, I liked the regular chocolate better.

Please my friends, if you are intrigued by the concept make your own (or ask me to make you some). Don't waste your money buying that pre-made disaster!

I was recently commissioned to attempt making these with bacon and I am seriously considering giving it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment