Saturday, January 30, 2010

Booberry Marshmallow Treats

My favorite cereals have all been discontinued: the Original Home Run Crunch (Cap'n and marshmallows), Dino Pebbles and Yummy Mummy, in no particular order.

I think there even may have been a Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows that I totally missed out on because I only recently realized that being a grown up means I can buy ridiculously sugary things for myself if I want to. (Sorry Mom, but I've powered through a handful of Fun Dip since this revelation).

At any rate, despite the premature death of Yummy Mummy, a few monster cereals are still around. The Frankenberry Marshmallow Treats were quite successful. And hot pink! I still had a box of Booberry lurking in my pantry, so I thought this week would be a good time to use them. Didn't have a lot of time on my hands to make something for Runway night, and Rice Krispies treats of any kind are quick and easy to whip up. I switched up my ratio to try and achieve a gooier treat.

6 cups cereal
1 bag minimarshmallows
2T butter

You know the drill and blah-blam: goodness.


They are definitely gooier. I think the next time I make this style of treat, I'll return to Rice Krispies and add a little sumpin' sumpin' to make them extra special.

Those of you feeling nostalgic for marshmallow cereal take heed: Chocolate Lucky Charms and the monster cereals seems to have a much lower mallow to cereal ratio than regular Lucky Charms. Triflin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment